Reporting To: Warehouse Manager
Location: Hauppauge, NY
The Forklift Operator has the primary responsibility for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack and count raw materials and finished goods. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate machinery in order to properly move, wrap and distribute goods throughout facility
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report any quality issues to management.
- Stack skids or pallets in designated areas
- Pull and prepare product for shipment
- Move product from staging and/or storage areas
- Properly document work performed in log books
- Assist compression/encapsulation with inventory counting
- Use company database to locate and transfer product to correct location as needed
- Operate and maintain forklifts, electric jacks and pump jacks in a safe and efficient manner
- Report any equipment issues to management
- Maintain a valid forklift operator license
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management
Hours of Work: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Education and Experience:
- High School or GED diploma a plus
- Must hold a valid forklift operator license or be certified by CPC
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a forklift operator preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Pays attention to detail. Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs a distance of 500 feet.
- Physical effort may be required which includes prolonged standing, lifting, moving, or carrying heavy materials.
- The operation of certain machinery requires eye, hand, and foot coordination.
- The ability to identify, locate, and disburse product which requires reading, counting, and performing simple math calculations.
CPC is offering a starting hourly salary based on experience and references. This is a union position. Medical and all benefits are provided to union members by CPC through Local #22.