Location: Hauppauge, NY
The Machinist is responsible for providing support for facility projects and equipment including the machining and repair of manufacturing machinery and parts.
- Machine parts from design drawings
- Ensures proper placement and alignment according to blueprints for fitting and joining
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to machine parts and/or rework finished products.
- Operate manual lathe, manual milling machine , grinders, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Inspect and correct parts as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required.
- 3-5 years of machining experience required
- Engineering, CNC and welding experience preferred
- Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to understand symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the machining of products or parts.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record
- Stable work history with professional references
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to: standing for extended periods of time; ability to walk, climb up and down step ladders; bend, lift, move heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the work day. Work performed in all weather conditions.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal
CPC is offering a starting hourly salary based on experience and references. This is a union position. Medical and all benefits are provided to union members by CPC through Local #22.