Reporting To: Senior Director, Human Resources
Location: Hauppauge, NY
CPC is recruiting for an experienced HR Generalist who will be responsible for applying their human resources expertise to multiple facilities. The successful candidate will provide a wide range of HR support and advice playing a key role in the success of the company. General overview of position includes on-going recruitment, terminations, performance management, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between all levels of union and non-union personnel and senior management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review resumes, source candidates, conduct phone screens, schedule and host interviews and test qualified candidates to meet company hiring needs
- Perform targeted candidate searches utilizing job boards, employee referrals, social networks, agencies and college/technical schools to fill open positions with highly qualified talent
- Attend career fairs and educational opportunities
- Conduct new hire on-boarding and orientation
- Administer FMLA, disability claims and other leave programs per company policy
- Assist with HR related questions, interpreting and explaining HR policies, and resolving employee relation issues
- Assist in the termination process, to include manager and employee discussions, performing exit interviews, completing necessary documentation, and analyzing termination data.
- Assist with benefits administration
- Ensure performance appraisals are completed by management
- Maintain HRIS records and compile reports
- Keep employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely fashion
- Development and review of job descriptions
- Complete employment and pay verifications
- Other responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required.
- Minimum of two years of related HR Generalist and recruitment experience required, preferably with some union experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Proficient in using MS Office programs and applicant tracking software.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to prioritize, multitask, detailed-oriented and organized.
CPC is offering a professional, stable work environment with excellent opportunity for career advancement in a dynamic company, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, paid time-off and 401(k) plan with matching contributions.