Reporting To: Packaging Maintenace Manager
Location: Hauppauge, NY
CPC is looking for a Supervisor to join our Packaging Maintenance Department.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- This is a hands-on, working managerial position.
- Manage maintenance personnel acting as a mentor and facilitator
- Ensure that maintenance mechanics are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner
- Communicate regularly with mechanics, both individually and as a group, to ensure good communication concerning maintenance issues
- Review the operation of packaging equipment and systems constantly to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
- Track, analyze and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Member of Plant Leadership Team (Lock out, tag out program, fire and safety programs)
- Assist with fabrication solution for components for machinery
- Maintain and repair maintenance shop equipment
- Manage the use and inventory of spare parts, supplies and equipment
- Maintain safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management
- High school or GED diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience working with Pharmaceutical Packaging Equipment in a mechanical and electrical capacity
- At least 5 years management experience
- Knowledge of welding, lathe and milling a plus
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Basic business writing and computer skills
- Ability to effectively communicate expectations and company goals to team members
- Demonstrates a passion for the industry with a strong desire to work in a fast paced state of the art packaging facility.
CPC is offering a professional, stable work environment with excellent opportunity for career advancement in a dynamic company, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, paid time-off and 401(k) plan with matching contributions.