Reporting To: Manager, Technical Services
Location: Hauppauge, NY
The Packaging Engineer has primary responsibility for providing technical support, leadership and innovation from inception through launch of packaging solutions for new and existing business.
- Serve as technical packaging leader on cross functional project teams which will include frequent interactions with customers, account service team, business development professionals and the packaging department on current and new packaging design and equipment opportunities.
- Utilize knowledge of current product designs, materials, and industry requirements to address customer packaging products’ needs.
- Demonstrate product capability through building prototypes, assessing equipment manufacturability, testing and validation of the developed design for customer approval. Ability to communicate to team and customers (as needed) on current packaging offerings and best practice is required.
- Interact with customers as needed with members of the Business/Account Services Team to design and troubleshoot packaging solutions based on unique customer specifications.
- Play a lead role in the packaging designs approved by the customer and ensure design for manufacturability, including equipment change control/ modifications and/ or upgrades.
- Act as liaison between procurement, manufacturing and quality teams.
- Coordinate activities of Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and other Company groups required to complete assigned equipment projects in support of the operation of the packaging including new and existing packaging designs.
- Trouble shoot packaging concerns and identify equipment and/ or processes to improve efficiencies
- B.S. in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related Manufacturing Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with demonstrated accomplishments in packaging design.
- Ability to work with customers one-on-one in a consulting role and help lead the team through implementation.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems that arise.
- Experience using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and related software.
CPC is offering a professional, stable work environment with excellent opportunity for career advancement in a dynamic company, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, paid time-off and 401(k) plan with matching contributions.