Reporting To: Manager, Quality Control
Location: Hauppauge, NY
CPC is looking to hire part-time Chemists to work MONDAY-FRIDAY 5:30 PM – 11:30 PM and/or Saturdays. We are offering flexible schedules for experienced chemists looking to work extra hours.
- Provide UPLC, HPLC, GC, UV-vis, FTIR, ICP, TOC and wet chemistry testing.
- Proficient in various UPLC and HPLC software programs, such as Empower and EZ-Chrom.
- Writing SOPs and Test Procedures.
- OOS investigations.
- Perform routine laboratory analysis, such as finished product testing, dissolution testing, stability testing, raw material testing, cleaning verification testing and manufacturing in-process testing.
- Perform non-routine testing such as method validation occasionally.
- Troubleshoot basic instrument problems under supervision.
- Provide well-written, accurate and timely reports.
- Perform all work using appropriate safety measures and following CPC Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Strictly follow all applicable safety and standards guidelines, such as SOP, cGMP, DEA regulations and/or MSDS.
- Clean laboratory working surfaces, and disposes of any excess chemicals, solutions, solvents, etc. in special waste containers for each class of waste chemicals.
- Follows good documentation practice per company’s SOP and cGMP regulations.
- Review of data, reports and notebooks.
- Assist in maintaining laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Provide general laboratory support: such as routine instrument cleaning/preventative maintenance/calibration, sample receiving, chemical inventory, document filing and housekeeping.
- 4 year degree in Chemistry or equivalent major is required.
- At least one year of experience as a Chemist or Lab Technician in a pharmaceutical lab.
- Experienced in HPLC/UPLC/ICP and wet chemistry testing.
- Experienced in Waters Empower 2 software.
- Ability to write and review technical documents.
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH RESUME PART-TIME HOURS / DAYS AVAILABLE TO WORK